This chocolate chip Greek yogurt cookie dough dip is the perfect high protein healthy snack to satisfy your cookie dough craving. It’s great for serving with your favorite fruit, crackers or cookies, and can even work for a delicious breakfast too!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Why you’ll love it
Cookie dough dip- what’s not to love!?
First, it’s so simple. You only need six ingredients and a small mixing bowl to whip this cookie dough dip together.
It’s also a high protein dip, which always makes for a great snack. If you share it with a friend, each serving has 12 grams of protein. If you keep it to yourself, it has 24 grams of protein!
Plus, it’s a less sugar version of the popular edible cookie dough inspired dips you may have tried before. This uses just a small amount of added sugar plus nutritious ingredients like Greek yogurt and peanut butter.
As a dietitian I’m a huge fan of a fun dip situation. It makes any meal or snack so fun and adds so much satisfaction, and this one is perfect if you have a sweet tooth. Plus, you only need a few different ingredients.
Whether you eat this by the spoon for a late night snack or use this dip for a fun fruit platter, you’re going to love this sweet treat! Let’s get into what you need to make this cookie dough Greek yogurt recipe.
You only need six simple ingredients to make this high protein cookie dough dip!
- Plain Greek yogurt: Plain Greek yogurt adds creaminess and protein to this dip. Since we’re using. plain, you get to decide how much added sugar to use. I prefer full fat or 2% for max creaminess. You could also use vanilla Greek yogurt.
- Cream cheese: You’ll use just a small amount of cream cheese to add some more flavor and thickness to the dip.
- Vanilla extract: A cookie isn’t a cookie without vanilla extract, so of course we’re using it for flavor here. This vanilla extract is my favorite.
- Peanut butter: If you don’t want any peanut butter flavor, you can use a milder nut butter like cashew or almond butter too.
- Brown sugar: You can use honey or maple syrup, but I prefer a little bit of brown sugar for this dip because it gives more of that classic cookie dough flavor. If you want lower sugar, you can use a low sugar brown sugar blend like this one.
- Chocolate chips: You can use any chocolate chips that you like, but I think mini chocolate chips work the best too. White chocolate chips, regular chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chips all work! If you want a lower sugar option, you can use low sugar chocolate chips like Lily’s.
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt, cream cheese, peanut butter, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and chocolate chips. (Add as much chocolate as you want- I’m not judging if you throw loads of chocolate chips in there!)
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Serve with fruit, graham crackers, or eat with a spoon!
To make without peanut butter
If you don’t like peanut butter, you can use a milder nut butter like almond or cashew butter. If you’re allergic, use sunflower seed butter!
For a thicker “cookie dough” texture
Because this is Greek yogurt based, it doesn’t have the same exact texture as cookie dough. If you want a thicker consistency, add almond flour, oat flour or even protein powder.
How to store
I think it’s best either the same day or next day, but you can store any extra Greek yogurt cookie dough dip in an airtight container for up to 4 days. You can even freeze this cookie dough yogurt for a frozen yogurt treat.
What to serve with
Serve this dip with strawberries, apple slices, banana, graham crackers, mini pretzels, vanilla wafers, or animal crackers. You could even dip a chocolate chip cookie (yum!).
More Greek yogurt recipes you’ll love:
Greek Yogurt Cookie Dough Dip
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1-2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Serve with your favorite fresh fruit, mini pretzels, graham crackers or cookies!