If you’re a fan of Take 5 candy bars, you’re going to love these no bake pretzel date bites. They have the perfect balance of sweet and salty, they’re homemade, and they’re super easy. This is one sweet treat that’s always in stock in my fridge or freezer.
Why you’ll love these
As a Registered Dietitian, I’m not anti-sugar. I truly believe all foods have their place, and you better believe I’m eating a candy bar if that’s truly what I’m in the mood for.
But, I love making homemade sweet treats that have a bit more going on nutritionally, too! These chocolate peanut butter date bites are exactly that- inspired by the popular Take 5 candy bar with some whole food ingredients!
You’ll love these because they’re:
- Only 4 ingredients
I also love that you can choose exactly what kind of ingredients you want to use for this one. If you want less sugar, you can choose to use a lower sugar dark chocolate. If you prefer a natural peanut butter, you can use that! They are really customizable which is always nice!
- Peanut butter
- Mini pretzels
- Chocolate chips
Optional: To help the chocolate melt a bit smoother, add a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- First, press half of a date into the bottom of each cup of the mini silicone mold. Grab a mini silicone muffin pan here!
- Next, add about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter to each cup of the mini muffin pan.
- Next, add one mini pretzel on top of the peanut butter layer. Make sure to press down so that the mini pretzel is right on top of the peanut butter.
- Finally, drizzle about 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate on top of the pretzel layer. Optional: sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Set in the freezer for at least two hours.
- Use white chocolate or dark chocolate.
- Use another nut butter like almond butter, cashew butter or sunflower seed butter for nut allergies.
- Use a chunky nut butter instead of smooth.
- Sprinkle the top with chopped peanuts, almonds, or mini chocolate chips
More recipes you’ll love:
No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Date Bites (Take 5 Date Bites)Print Pin Rate
- 12 dates sliced in half
- 1/2 cup peanut butter melted
- 24 mini pretzels
- 1 cup chocolate chips melted
- 1 tsp coconut oil optional to help chocolate melt smoothly
- Press each date half into a silicone mini muffin pan or lined mini muffin pan.
- Layer ~1 tsp of peanut butter on top of each date, then a mini pretzel, and then top each date bite with melted chocolate.
- Freeze for 2 hours and enjoy.
- Store in the freezer for up to 2 months or in the fridge for up to a week.