Blended cottage cheese is super creamy and perfect for breakfast, dips and even spread on toast. It’s been making its rounds on Tiktok and I’m going to show you exactly how you can do it too.
If you wish you loved cottage cheese but just cannot handle the texture, this whipped version is a game changer.
Cottage cheese is one of those foods that you either love or hate. Usually if you don’t like it, it’s not because it tastes bad- it’s because of the texture.
If that’s you, prepare to have your mind blown!
Why You Should Try Whipped Cottage Cheese
- It totally eliminates the traditional curdy texture of regular cottage cheese and you’re left with a final product that’s light and smooth.
- It’s a great versatile protein source. One cup of cottage cheese can have upwards of 25g of protein. That’s seriously impressive for a dairy-based food.
- Because of its creamy and mild flavor, you can use blended cottage cheese for sweet and savory recipes. Add a tablespoon of honey and top with fruit, or enjoy a savory bowl like this one.
How to Make Blended Cottage Cheese
- Add a 5.3 ounce container or 2/3 cups cottage cheese to a high-speed blender. Or, put cottage cheese in a tall, narrow glass that can fit an immersion blender.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes until creamy and smooth. Take breaks every 30 seconds or so to scrape sides. If your blender isn’t powerful enough or your cottage cheese is too thick, add 1 tbsp at a time of milk (any kind) to help blend.
Ingredients for Blended Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bowls
Blended Cottage Cheese
My favorite cottage cheese brand is Good Culture, but you can use any that you like! I don’t recommend using a fat-free recipe for this one since a little bit of fat will add to the creaminess.
Avocado & Cherry Tomatoes
Avocado and halved cherry tomatoes are the perfect nutrient-packed combo for these breakfast bowls.
Any nuts will work perfectly here! You could also use cashews, pistachios, walnuts, or even sunflower seeds!
“Everything But The Bagel” Seasoning
Is there a seasoning that’s better for breakfast than this one? Top your bowl with as much as you like for that everything bagel vibe.
Whole Grain Toast or Whole Grain Crackers
Traditional Blender or Food Processor
I’ve used my Ninja blender as well as my Nutribullet to make this whipped cottage cheese. Both worked perfectly! Make sure to take breaks every 20-30 seconds to scrape the sides and mix the cottage cheese as needed to get it as smooth as possible. You can use a food processor if you don’t have a blender.
You can also use a handheld immersion blender for this recipe. I have this one and I absolutely love it. Just add your cottage cheese to a tall, narrow glass or container that can fit your immersion blender.
Other Ways to Serve Blended Cottage Cheese
- Swirl in strawberry jam and then top with fresh strawberries and granola for a strawberry cheesecake cottage cheese bowl that seriously tastes like dessert.
- Mix in a packet of ranch seasoning or French onion dip seasoning with 15 oz. whipped cottage cheese for a savory high protein dip.
- Spread it on whole grain toast:
- Sweet: Swirl in honey and top with fresh fruit and nut butter
- Savory: Add sliced avocado and a drizzle of hot sauce
- Add a spoonful into your Alfredo sauce or tomato sauce for a creamy protein boost.
You’ll Also Love:
- Easy Cottage Cheese with Fruit Bowls
- Kale and Mushroom Egg Bites (Starbucks-Inspired)
- Yogurt and Granola Bowls
Blended Cottage Cheese: High Protein Breakfast Bowls
- Traditional blender, immersion blender, or food processor
- 2/3 cup Cottage cheese
- 1/4 Avocado Sliced
- 1/4 cup Cherry tomatoes Halved
- 2 tbsp Almonds Sliced
- Everything Bagel Seasoning To taste
- 2 slices Whole grain toast or whole grain crackers
- Add 2/3 cups cottage cheese (or a 5.3 ounce container) to a high-speed blender. Or, put cottage cheese in a tall, narrow glass that can fit an immersion blender.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes until creamy and smooth. Take breaks every 30 seconds or so to scrape sides. If your blender isn't powerful enough or your cottage cheese is too thick, add 1 tbsp at a time of milk (any kind) to help blend.
- Top with sliced avocado, slivered almonds, halved cherry tomatoes, and sliced almonds. Serve with whole grain crackers or whole grain toast on the side (or dipped!).