Love the mango pineapple Dunkin’ refresher? This homemade version is inspired by the one you’ll find in your local drive thru (honestly it’s even better!).
Made with iced green tea, mango juice, pineapple juice, and lemonade, this drink is the perfect blend of refreshing flavors to cool down with during the warmer months.
Why You’ll Love It
If you’re like me, as soon as the warmer weather starts creeping in I feel the itch to switch from hot coffee to iced drinks. The popular Dunkin’ refreshers some of my favorites, but they’re super pricey and they have a little more sugar than I prefer in a drink.
This homemade Dunkin’ refresher is delicious, refreshing, and super simple to make. Five minutes is all you need!
It’s a great alternative to iced coffee because it’s lower in caffeine, making it perfect for any time of day.
Compared to the Dunkin’ version, it’s a lower sugar version. As a dietitian I’m not anti-sugar, but it’s always nice to have a delicious alternative with less added sugars if it still works!
It’s a whole lot cheaper than its drive-through counterpart, which is always a win. Plus, no lines to wait in!
And finally, the mango and pineapple fruit flavors paired with lemonade and green tea is SO good and perfect for the summer time. Let’s get into how to make it! I promise, it’s shockingly easy.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Brewed Green Tea: This drink starts with an iced green tea base. Steep 1-2 green tea bags in 16 oz of hot water. When it’s ready, stick it in the fridge to cool until you’re ready to use, or pour over ice to cool it down immediately.
- Pineapple Juice: These little cans are perfect to keep on hand for this drink!
- Mango Juice: Mango juice or mango nectar can sometimes be a little bit tricky to find. If you can’t find it anywhere, grab mango flavored green tea bags instead.
- Lemonade: Personally, I like to opt for a lower-sugar swap here. The Simply Lemonade Light is my favorite, but you can use any lemonade you enjoy. I also sometimes will the True Lemon Lemonade packets to make some lemonade ahead of time.
- Ice: Make sure you have plenty of ice on hand for a refreshing, ice cold drink.
How to Make
- Fill a tall glass or mason jar with ice.
- Pour in your cooled green tea.
- Add mango juice, pineapple juice, and lemonade. Make sure to taste test here so that you can adjust the sweetness and flavor to exactly what you prefer.
- Add 1/2 coconut milk for a creamier version (highly recommend trying this variation). This gives it a piña colada-like flavor profile.
- Make it a sparkling refresher by adding some sparkling water.
- Add muddled strawberries or blackberries for a different fruity iced tea.
- Make it a frozen slushy refresher by throwing the whole thing in the blender!
- Use your choice of green tea! Of course the classic green tea works, but you an also used mango flavored green tea, peach flavored, or even mint.
- If you like a lot of the mango flavor, add more mango juice. If you want more pineapple flavor, you can go heavier there. The exact proportions can be up to you!
- Add a bit of honey, maple syrup or agave syrup when you brew your green tea if you prefer something a bit sweeter.
This is one of the best Dunkin’ refreshers in my opinion. If you give it a try, tag me on IG at @the.balanced.nutritionist!
More Recipes To Check Out:
Mango Pineapple Refresher (Dunkin Donuts Copycat)
- 2 cups brewed green tea cooled
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp mango juice
- 1/4 cup lemonade *use sugar-free if you'd like a lower sugar beverage
- 1 cup ice
- Fill a large glass with ice.
- Pour all ingredients over ice and mix.