Have you ever had cookie butter? If you haven’t, let me be the first to introduce you to this magical spread via these Biscoff overnight oats. These are cookie butter overnight oats! Can your breakfast get any dreamier? I’m a dietitian, so I’m always thinking about nutrition too! The best part about these overnight oats is that they’re packed with protein and fiber to keep you full and satisfied all morning.
Overnight Oats Benefits
- They’re super quick to prepare (less than 5 minutes).
- You can make several ahead for an easy breakfast meal prep.
- These are high protein overnight oats (without protein powder) to keep you full all morning.
- They’re packed with fiber to keep you satisfied. And PS- oats are super nutritious and packed with soluble fiber and phytonutrients (1).
- Overnight oats are easy and no-cook.
- COOKIE BUTTER. Need I say more? So good!
What is Biscoff Cookie Butter?
Biscoff cookie butter is a sweet creamy spread made with Lotus Biscoff cookies. Think brown sugar and cinnamon flavors packed into a crunchy little cookie, and then blended into creamy buttery perfection. You can use it just like you would use any other creamy spread like peanut butter (or frosting!). In this recipe, we’re using this cookie butter to make Biscoff overnight oats! Nutritionally, cookie butter doesn’t have a whole lot goin’ on, but that’s okay! We’ve got the healthy part covered too with fiber-rich oats, chia, and high protein Greek yogurt.
How do you make cookie butter overnight oats?
Step 1: Add your oats, milk, vanilla, honey, yogurt, and cinnamon to your jar or container. Stir very well until well combined. Cover.
Step 2: Add your melted cookie butter last and combine. If you want creamy swirls of cookie butter, leave it a little un-mixed!
Step 3: Place your Biscoff overnight oats containers in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
Step 4: After your overnight oats have set, give them a quick stir before adding any additional toppings. Enjoy!
Toppings for Overnight Oats
- More Biscoff cookie butter!
- Crumbled Biscoff cookies
- Toasted walnuts, almonds or cashews
- Fresh or frozen fruit (sliced banana would be so good in this recipe)
- Mini chocolate chips
Overnight Oats FAQs
Can you warm up overnight oats?
Yes, you can if you prefer! Just heat them up in 30 second intervals, stirring in between.
Can you make overnight oats with water?
You can make overnight oats without milk if you prefer to. Any liquid (including water) will work for overnight oats, but you may find that the oats are not as creamy. You don’t have to use cow’s milk for overnight oats, you can use any milk alternative as well!
Can you use instant oats for overnight oats?
You can use instant oats for overnight oats, but because they are more broken down than rolled oats the texture will be different. I recommend using rolled oats for best results.
Can you freeze overnight oats?
Yes! You can freeze overnight oats for up to 3 months.
Other notes about the recipe:
Everyone likes their oats a little bit different, but the best part about overnight oats is that they are super customizable. If you like a “wetter” overnight oat result, use a little bit more liquid. If you prefer thicker oats, use a little bit less!
You can also split this recipe in half to create “mini” oats for snacks! To learn more about how important balanced snacks are to incorporate into your day, head here!
If you try these delish oats, leave a comment below and tag me @the.balanced.nutritionist on Instagram!
Biscoff Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup Milk Any milk or plant-based milk will work here, but may alter the amount of protein in the oats.
- 1/3 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Biscoff Cookie Butter
- Biscoff Cookie Butter for drizzling!
- Fresh or Frozen Fruit
- Whipped Cream
- Add your oats, chia seeds, milk, vanilla, honey, yogurt, and cinnamon to your jar or container. Stir very well until well combined. Cover.
- Add your melted cookie butter last and combine. If you want creamy swirls of cookie butter, leave it a little un-mixed!
- Place your Biscoff overnight oats containers in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- After your overnight oats have set, give them a quick stir before adding any additional toppings. Enjoy!