This sweet and salty fall snack mix is no bake and super easy to throw together. It’s the perfect mix of fun fall flavors that your whole family will love snacking on.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Why you’ll love it
Snack mixes (or trail mix) are so much fun to put together and keep on hand. I don’t know about you, but I love a mix of flavors and textures when it comes to snacks (and meals too- that’s why I love adult lunchables so much).
This fun snack has the perfect combination of sweet, salty and crunchy with plenty of fall flavor. Every time I make this my whole family loves it! Plus, it’s no bake so it’s super easy!
I’m a Registered Dietitian and I like to keep nutrition in mind too, which is why I always add a secret ingredient to my snack mixes- popcorn!
Popcorn adds volume, crunch, flavor and fiber to this trail mix so that it can actually keep you satisfied. A 1.5 cup serving of this snack mix has about 6g of protein and 6g of fiber!
There’s other nutritious ingredients like apple chips and pecans, and then some fun stuff like candy corn and Reese’s pieces!
This easy recipe is the perfect snack for a fun fall treat, movie night, a Halloween party, or any other fall occasion that you need a harvest snack mix! Let’s get into exactly what’s in it next.
Fall Snack Mix Ingredients
- Popcorn: Popcorn is one of my favorite additions to any trail mix because it adds volume and gut-healthy fiber. Skinny Pop is my favorite, but you can use any kind that you like!
- Cinnamon Chex cereal: You can use any Chex cereal, but this cinnamon cereal is perfect for fall!
- Mini pretzels: You can use pretzel sticks or mini twists pretzels. I love adding salty pretzels to balance out the other sweet ingredients!
- Apple chips: Apple chips are the perfect addition because they add crunch, sweetness and fiber without added sugar. The Bare apple chips are my favorite.
- Pecans: You can use any nuts that you enjoy for this mix! Peanuts, walnuts, or even pistachios would all work great.
- Reese’s pieces: Reese’s pieces fit perfectly because of the orange, yellow and brown fall colors- plus they’re a delicious addition!
- Candy corn: You can use regular candy corn or a fun candy corn mix with pumpkins! And if you’re not a fan of candy corn, feel free to skip it or swap in white chocolate chips!
How to make this sweet and salty fall snack mix
- Add all of your ingredients to a big bowl and mix gently. Store a big batch of your fall trail mix in an airtight container or individual bags for up to 1 week. That’s it- no baking or cooking required!
My favorite airtight containers to store this snack mix in are these Rubbermaid Brilliance containers. You can also store them in glass mason jars.
My favorite part about this yummy fall snack mix is there are so many ways you can change it up based on what you have on hand and your preferences.
- Use kettle corn or caramel corn instead of regular popcorn for a sweeter mix.
- Use Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch or any other cereal that you like if you’re not a Chex fan. Choose a whole wheat cereal if you’d like more nutrition!
- Add white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chips.
- Add chocolate candies like M&Ms or peanut butter M&Ms instead of Reese’s pieces.
- Add mini marshmallows to the mix.
- Add dried edamame or pumpkin seeds for a plant-based protein boost.
- Sprinkle the mix with some pumpkin pie spice or a little bit of cinnamon!
More delicious recipes for fall:
Sweet and Salty Fall Snack Mix (No Bake)
- 4 cups popcorn
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- 1 cup cinnamon chex mix or any flavor you enjoy!
- 1 cup apple chips
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/8 cup reese's pieces
- 1/8 cup candy corn
- Add all of your ingredients to a big bowl and mix gently. Store a big batch of your fall trail mix in an airtight container or individual bags for up to 1 week. That's it- no baking or cooking required!
- kettle corn or caramel corn
- Cheerios or Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows
- chocolate candies
- dried edamame
- pumpkin seeds