This balsamic date vinaigrette is sweet, creamy and tastes like a decadent dressing you’d have on a fancy restaurant salad. It’s only sweetened by the natural sweetness of dates and has the perfect combination of sweet and tangy.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Why you’ll love it
This creamy balsamic date dressing will take your salad from good to absolutely delicious.
And if there’s one thing I’m passionate about, it’s that salad should be amazing, not a boring bowl of lifeless greens. That means using amazing salad dressings.
You’ll need to get out your blender for this one, but it’s still incredibly easy! You’ll throw your ingredients in and that’s it- done.
Plus, there’s no added sugar from refined sources. This dressing is only sweetened with dates which are also high in fiber and antioxidants too- win win! In fact, one serving has 2 grams of fiber!
This balsamic dressing is perfect for anything from a fresh garden salad to drizzling on top of roasted veggies or avocado toast.
- Medjool dates
- Balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- Salt & garlic powder
I prefer an aged balsamic vinegar, but any traditional balsamic vinegar will work. You can also experiment with different vinegars like white wine vinegar or white balsamic.
- Add all of your ingredients to a high speed blender (this one is my favorite). Blend on high until dressing is smooth and creamy. You may have to use a silicone spatula to occasionally scape down the sides. Note: If you prefer a thinner consistency, add 1-2 tablespoons of additional water at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Drizzle on top of your favorite crunchy salad or veggies!
Storage info: Store in the fridge for up to 5 days for max freshness. I find that this dressing stays fully emulsified in the fridge and stores really well, so it’s a great one to make ahead.
Salad ingredients that pair well
Not sure what to use this balsamic date vinaigrette on? Here are some salad ingredients that will pair amazingly well with it!
- Dark greens like kale and spinach
- Red or green cabbage
- Shredded brussels sprouts
- Red onion
- Sliced apple
- Pomegranate seeds
- Feta cheese
- Sharp cheddar
- Toasted walnuts or pecans
- Roasted sweet potatoes
Try this date dressing on these salads
Creamy Balsamic Date Vinaigrette
- 5 medjool dates roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 small shallot roughly chopped
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- Add all of your ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend on high until dressing is smooth and creamy. If needed, use a silicone spatula to occasionally scape down the sides.