This super quick and easy honey lime vinaigrette is the perfect burst of tangy citrus flavors to add to any salad, sweet or savory! You only need four ingredients and a couple of minutes to whip this flavorful dressing up.
It goes perfectly with this Cucumber Mango Salad or even makes a great marinade.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Why you’ll love it
If you’re like me and you love homemade dressing but don’t feel like spending tons of time or effort making it, this dressing is perfect for you.
The perfect balance of sweet and tangy flavor in this dressing makes it versatile and suitable for sweet or savory salads, grilled meats, roasted vegetables, or even as a dipping sauce.
Save this one and use it next time you want to make your own dressing for your favorite salad!
This easy salad dressing recipe uses just four super simple ingredients that you probably have on hand!
- Fresh lime juice
- White wine vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
How to Make this Dressing
- In a bowl: Add honey, lime juice, white wine vinegar, olive oil, and salt to a small bowl and whisk thoroughly for 30-60 seconds until combined.
- In a small mason jar or salad dressing container: Add all ingredients and shake for 30 seconds until thoroughly emulsified.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge. When serving from the fridge, I recommend giving the dressing a good shake and bringing it to room temperature before using if possible.
- Make it spicy with chili flakes, finely chopped jalapeño peppers or dash of sriracha.
- Make it creamy by adding in 2-3 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt, sour cream or mayonnaise.
- Change up the citrus by using one lime and swapping the other for the juice of half an orange.
- Add fresh herbs like fresh cilantro, basil, or mint to the original recipe.
- Add fresh minced garlic or garlic powder for a garlic-y version.
- Make it thicker by adding dijon mustard. I prefer it without (especially when adding to a fruit salad), but adding a teaspoon of dijon mustard will help it to be thicker and emulsify a bit better.
- Use canola oil, avocado oil or any other oil that you like.
Ways To Use This Dressing
- Toss it with mixed leafy greens, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and grilled chicken for a refreshing salad.
- Drizzle over grilled shrimp or chicken or add some flavor to grain bowls, black bean salad or quinoa salad.
- Use as a vinaigrette for coleslaw, a dip for fresh veggies, or as a sauce for fish or roasted vegetables.
- Use it as a marinade for grilled shrimp, salmon, or chicken to infuse them with a zesty and sweet flavor.
- This vinaigrette variation is perfect for drizzling over salads with mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, and feta cheese.
- Drizzle it over roasted vegetables like asparagus, carrots, or sweet potatoes to add a burst of tanginess.
- Use it as a dipping sauce for spring rolls, air-fried veggies, grilled skewers, or crispy tofu.
- Spoon it over fresh fruit, such as sliced strawberries or watermelon, for a sweet and tangy twist.
- Use as a marinade for shrimp skewers on the grill.
Love this delicious salad dressing? Make sure to tag me on Instagram @the.balanced.nutritionist!
You’ll Also Love
2-Minute Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl or small mason jar and until fully emulsified.