Three ingredients is all you need for these perfectly sweet peanut butter tortilla bites. Make these roll ups the next time you want to add some sweetness to your lunchbox or to fuel your next workout!
Why You’ll Love ‘Em!
- You only need three simple ingredients to put them together. Banana, peanut butter, and a tortilla!
- Done in less than 5 minutes (we don’t do complicated snacks around here!).
- They’re packed with fiber and protein so they’re a great balanced snack. We’re using high fiber, high protein tortillas so that you stay satisfied, longer.
- Your whole family will love them! These peanut butter banana roll-ups are loved by both adults and kids.
These peanut butter tortilla roll ups could not be easier, and they’re delicious! Let’s get into how to make them.
Ingredients You Need
The tortillas I love using for this recipe are the Mission Carb Balance tortillas. They’re fortified with extra fiber and pack 5g of protein per wrap so they help keep you full (and they’re delish!). You can use any tortillas that you like here!
Peanut butter is the delicious glue that holds these babies together! You can use whatever kind you like. My favorite is Teddie’s smooth peanut butter.
Make sure to use small bananas for these peanut butter roll ups. Otherwise, it won’t fit in the tortilla!
How to Eat Them
As a Snack
Enjoy these as a well balanced snack (psst- if you want to know how to put together a snack with nutrition in mind, head here!). Lots of fiber and 8g of protein makes these a great snack choice. Use these peanut butter tortilla bites to fuel your workout or get you through your mid-afternoon slump.
With a Meal
Want to turn them into a small balanced meal? Add a handful of berries and pair with a high protein Greek yogurt! Or, simply include them on the side of whatever leftovers you packed for something sweet!
Tortilla Roll Up Variations
- Use almond butter, cashew butter, or sunbutter instead of peanut butter.
- Swap smooth peanut butter for chunky.
- Add a tablespoon of jam for peanut butter and jelly roll ups.
- Use Nutella for a chocolate hazelnut version.
- Sprinkle hemp, chia, or flaxseeds in the roll ups for more fiber and healthy fats.
Need more simple snack ideas? Don’t miss my yummy and balanced Toast with Strawberries and Honey! If you loved this recipe, don’t forget to leave a comment below, give it a 5-star rating, and tag me on Instagram @the.balanced.nutritionist!
Easy Peanut Butter Tortilla Bites
- 1 small banana
- 1 tortilla
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Spread the peanut butter evenly on the tortilla.
- Roll the banana up in the tortilla.
- Cut carefully into even 2 inch slices.